What is a Group?
A group trip is a great way for businesses, clubs, family and/or friends to travel together and enjoy a wonderful, vacation and maximize their savings.
Group trip choices and travel styles can vary drastically. A group may select river or ocean cruises or land-based trips, such as escorted tours, villa rentals or all-inclusive resorts, just to name a few options. But, whatever your choice, just about any one of them can accommodate group travel to help you make enduring memories with your special traveling companions.
What makes up a Group?
Group members may be comprised of employees or clients of a business or incentive trip, a club, school, church, foundation, family, friends or just a group of people with a shared interest.
There is often the misunderstanding that you need “many” people in order to be considered a group. However, the minimum number of passengers for a group may start out with as few as 8 to 10 passengers. This number varies depending on the travel vendor and by itinerary. We will work together to assist you in understanding the guidelines for your specific group and what might work for you.
What is a good reason to travel as a Group?
Often times people travel together to celebrate special events (milestones) like a honeymoon, anniversary, special birthday, graduation, family reunion, president’s club trip, etc. Other times you are traveling to enjoy a special theme like wine making in France, discovering your Irish heritage, going on a literary tour in England to discover the land of Jane Austen, CS Lewis and Shakespeare… There are no real parameters for establishing a group outside what is special to you.
What’s the benefit of going as Group?
- Shared Memories – Traveling together as a group provides an opportunity to see the world with the people with whom you prefer to travel.
- Bonding – It’s a great way to bond and draw closer together.
- More Vendor Giveaways – Additional amenities may be awarded to your group based on the number of people traveling.
- Free or reduced cost travel for tour organizer – A group may also qualify for tour conductor credits where the tour organizer may travel for free or at a reduced price or this discount may be passed on to the group.
- Savings – Group passengers often enjoy additional savings off of the “regular” published rates.
But, please do not feel left out if you cannot assemble enough friends to form a group. We can always find the right trip for a single family, couple or solo traveler!
Why choose CTC (Carmel Travel Company) to manage your Group?
- We have been successfully managing large & small groups for over 12 years and have more than 100 years of experience between us!
- We are great negotiators and will work to arrange the best deal on your behalf.
- Customer service and satisfaction is extremely important to us and our travel specialists are dedicated to ensure that our clients enjoy a memorable and trouble-free travel experience.
- We will save you endless time and energy by handling your group for you. Whether it’s group administration with your business, clients, family and/or friends, or dealing directly with the vendors, we are your representative and handle all of the details.
- Special needs and special requirements are not a problem – it is our pleasure to assist you.
- Carmel Travel Company will help you market to your friends and family by creating a special flyer about your group.
- We are aligned with partners that help us help you, and these partners are located all over the world.
- We offer special amenities and/or gifts for Milestone Events and Celebration Vacations. – See the Milestone & Celebration Vacations page for more information.